Switching is Easy
Welcome to Capstone Bank! We understand that changing banks is a big decision and can be a real challenge. That's why your experienced Capstone Bankers have designed this easy Switch Kit to guide you step by step through the process.
It's easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Open a Capstone Bank checking account. Information about our different checking account options is available here, or you may contact one of our experienced bankers at (205) 469-4000 in Tuscaloosa or (251) 246-5771 in Washington/Clarke Counties to assist you with any questions. Please complete the New Account Information Form, and then stop by one of our banking centers to get started! If you have questions about our accounts, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives. We are here to help!
- Stop using your previous checking account. Allow time for outstanding checks to clear—usually ten days. Once cleared, be sure to destroy your unused checks, ATM and/or debit card from the previous institution to avoid confusion.
- Move your direct deposits to your new Capstone Bank account. Switch kits include a Direct Deposit Change Form to quickly assist you in making the change. If you need to have your Social Security payment changed to deposit at Capstone Bank, please call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm. The form is also included with in the kit.
- Transfer any automatic payments and debits to Capstone Bank. Be sure to notify anyone deducting automatic payments (utilities, gym dues, car payment, etc.) from your previous account to your new Capstone Bank account. Enclosed you will find the Automatic Payment Change Form to assist you in this smooth transition.
- Close your previous checking account. After all your checks and automatic payments have cleared and are verified to be linked with your new account, proceed with closing your previous checking account. Enclosed is an Account Closing Form to notify your previous bank of your decision to close your account.
Download our Personal Switch Kit
Download our Commercial Switch Kit
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Capstone banker at:
(205) 469-4000 - Tuscaloosa
(251) 246-5771 - Washington/Clarke Counties